How to test for appendicitis
Appendix – is an inflammation of the vermiform Appendix cecum – Appendix. It is considered one of the most common diseases of the abdominal cavity, which requires immediate surgery – appendectomy. Suppuration in the mucosa of the Appendix is developing so rapidly that it can go beyond the process. This may contribute to the presence of constipation in a patient, fecal stones and increased putrefactive fermentation in the gut.
Regardless of age, each person may experience inflammation of the Appendix, although it is more common in people aged 10-30 years, and in women it occurs twice as often than men. Annually worldwide from thousands of people every fifth enters the hospital with a preliminary diagnosis of “acute appendicitis”. In the annual reports of medical institutions, fatal effects of the disease reaches 0.3 % (in absolute numbers – 12 months of about 6000 people), and therefore the value of this problem is difficult to overestimate, because for thousands of patients is a real threat to life.
How to check for appendicitis?
With his characteristic within a background of excellent health, typical symptoms you can feel, how does appendicitis. there is a dull pain around the abdomen, gradually increasing and migrating, after 3-4 hours fully localized in the right iliac region, which indicates inflammation of all layers of the wall of the Appendix. In case of uncomplicated, the patient begins to show less locomotor activity and tries to lie down on his right side or on his back. With a light pressure on the stomach muscle tension and pain clearly localized nature. Very often, the symptoms of acute appendicitis are similar to kidney diseases, gynecological diseases.
There are several ways to check the appendicitis in you or not.
1. While walking, sneezing and coughing increases the pain in the abdomen.
2. Abdomen moderately soft, but when pressed on his fingers in the groin and a sharp drop there is a sharp pain and tension in the anterior abdominal wall.
3. In case you have loose stools, although usually appendicitis is accompanied by constipation, bowel movements don’t feel relieved.
4. Lying on his right side, legs pulled to his chest – it would seem that the pose, which should reduce the soreness, but this is not happening.
5. On the tongue appears white patches and dry mouth.
6. Increasing the temperature generally does not exceed 38 C.
7. Nausea, sometimes accompanied by vomiting.
In the case of the first signs of this disease as soon as possible, call an ambulance, because delayed treatment (longer than 2 days), especially acute appendicitis can lead to such complications as purulent peritonitis, local abscess and acute pylephlebitis.
Here a few simple rules to ease the pain before the ambulance:
– prilepite in the bed on the right side and put a hot water bottle with ice to the fire of pain;
– do not use any pain medication because it would interfere with later to put the correct diagnosis;
– don’t drink a laxative and do not place enemas because it can contribute to the rupture of the walls of the Appendix;
– try not to eat and drink before the arrival of doctors;
– it is strictly prohibited to apply a warm to painful choice, since it facilitates the spread of infection and increases the risk of appendiceal rupture.
– even though the reduction pain, you have to call an ambulance. Most often the reduction of pain indicates the presence of complications in the disease!
How to check for appendicitis in the hospital? Here you can be assigned additional examination it and specimen collection: blood for the presence of white cells and urine for leucocytes, mandatory vaginal and rectal examination in women, ultrasound and x-ray examination of the abdominal cavity of the patient. The patient may be in the hospital under medical supervision during the day, during this time, according to the results of the research will already be clear, do I need to undergo operation. There is another effective method, which is called laparoscopy. With its help it is possible to make an accurate diagnosis. It is an introduction into the abdominal cavity through the dissection of the abdomen of a special tube with a camera on the end that will help the examination, and in case of confirmation of appendicitis will hold a laparoscopic removal of the inflamed Appendix.